Welcome to Tortoise.
On January 14th, Tortoise goes live in beta. We’re so thrilled to have you as a Patron.
Being a Patron of Tortoise gives you a seat at the table for life. Right now, in our first few months, we’d particularly value your perspective on how we’re doing. Help us make Tortoise the best it can be. Please get involved, send us honest feedback and share your ideas with us.
You’re officially a Patron from January 14th.
We do like to take things at a leisurely pace here at Tortoise – but the sooner you register, the sooner you can start booking tickets to ThinkIns and helping us shape the product. It’s painless, we promise.
Have your unique code ready (it was in the activation email we just sent you) when you click the button.
Your code is:
Reasons to be cheerful.
As a Patron, you have all this to look forward to and more…
- Full lifetime membership, including all digital, live and print elements
- Unlimited ThinkIn tickets for you and a guest
- The opportunity to bring 25 guests to a ThinkIn of your choice, followed by a dinner in your honour (our event organising supremo Olivia will be in touch to sort all this out in due course – but if you’re keen to get cracking, you can reach her at email@example.com)
- Two tickets to our launch party in London next Spring
- Handwritten thank you letter from our founders
You really do deserve your name in lights.
Your name will appear in glorious, tactile print (alongside your fellow Founding Members) in our launch edition. Further, your name will feature on the Patrons wall in our London HQ, in lasting recognition of the role you played in advocating open journalism from the very start. To help us organise all that in time for 14th January, please complete your registration by 14th December.
Hurrah, you’re registered.
Please let us be the first to wish you a very warm welcome to the Tortoise family.
We’ve just sent you an email confirmation. Check it’s not ended up in your junk folder because it’s always handy to keep these things isn’t it?
Once Tortoise goes live in the new year, we’ll invite you to create a member bio, where you can tell us about the things you’re interested in, know and care about. As a member of the family, you’re a member of the newsroom and, if you want to, a contributor to our journalism.