Welcome to Tortoise.
On January 14th, Tortoise goes live in beta. We’re so thrilled you’re going to be part of it.
Being a member of Tortoise means being a member of our newsroom. So for our first few months, we really want you to help us make the product the best it can be. Please get involved, send us honest feedback and share your ideas with us.
Your Founding Membership starts on January 14th.
We do like to take things at a leisurely pace here at Tortoise – but the sooner you register, the sooner you can start booking tickets to ThinkIns and contributing to our journalism. It’s painless, we promise. Have your unique code ready (it was in the activation email we just sent you) when you click the button.
Your code is:
Reasons to be cheerful.
As a Founding Member, you’ve all this to look forward to…
- Tortoise Daily, the slow news feed, lands in your phone or inbox once a day on weekdays
- Tickets to ten Thinkins a year, for three years
- Tortoise Quarterly, our short book of big reads, four times a year
- Lots of lovely Tortoise merchandise – including the book bag, the Slow Down, Wise Up digital poster and letter writing set
- Tickets for you and a guest to our launch party in London next Spring
You deserve a shout out in our launch edition.
We’d love to include your name in glorious, tactile print alongside your fellow Founding Members in our launch edition. A list, for posterity, of the first advocates of open journalism. To help us organise that in time for Jan 14th, please complete your registration by 14th December.
The tech gods are smiling on us today.
Please let us be the first to wish you a very warm welcome to the Tortoise family.
We’ve just sent you an email confirmation. Check it’s not ended up in your junk folder because it’s always handy to keep these things isn’t it?