Intelligence | Global AI Index | Dashboards
National AI Dashboards
Our bespoke dashboards are designed to give policymakers and other stakeholders a means of monitoring trends in the landscape of AI development.
Each individual dashboard allows tracking of 143 unique indicators that reflect the level of capacity and activity in each country.
It is a tool for viewing and understanding national ecosystems on a real-time basis.
- Automated Data Collection: Automated data collection via cloud-based scripts (60+ indicators are monitored using 11 live data sources), updated monthly.
- Synchronisation: As automated data collection gathers new data, it is automatically processed, and results are gathered to a cloud-based database which feeds the dashboard in real-time.
- Time Series Presentation: This feature puts together monthly updates in a time series graph, showing how indicator values are improving or worsening over time. The time series plots can be viewed either as indicator values or ranks. With additional time series plots it is possible to compare one country side by side with other countries in various categories i.e. ‘Top 10’, ‘G20’ countries or another country that is selected from the dropdown menu.
- Track Rank Changes: An extra column where you can quickly highlight rank changes at indicator level, between the most recent and previous updates. It is also possible to visualise the most prominent changes between the monthly index updates.
- Simulation Engine: An extra module for strategy setting which allows users to create a hypothetical environment. Select target indicators, set target values and click the ‘Simulate’ button. This will run the simulation and return new ranks under hypothetical assumptions.
- Full data download: Access to the full data-set compiled by pillar.
- Pillar Performance Plots: High level charts to visualise rank/score changes at Pillar levels between the latest updates i.e. visualisation of the parts of the Global AI Index framework in which a country has improved or worsened.
- Comparative analysis: Plot change in specific indicators over time, and in comparison to other specified countries for high-level analysis.
- Updated Data Column: Present a view of which indicators have the most recently updated data.
- Email alerts: Register your email address and select a country of interest to get monthly summaries via email.
What the dashboard offers
The Global AI Index is designed to give a birds-eye view of a given country’s artificial intelligence ecosystem in terms of innovation, investment and implementation. The pillar framework provides a unique perspective, enabling strategic comparisons of the specific areas where each country excels or is falling back.
To our knowledge, it is the most comprehensive dataset on national performance, specific to artificial intelligence. It brings together data on coding activity, digital skills, patents, supercomputers, MOOCs, cybersecurity, workforces, research influence, citations, broadband speeds and more all into one collated data environment.
Often data on artificial intelligence is released in yearly reports or infrequent research articles. Our data tracking makes it possible to review and analyse up-to-date information, identifying trends as they emerge.
Half of the indicators in the Global AI Index Framework are updated at regular intervals, either monthly or quarterly, making it possible to spot deviation from existing trends, and to begin the process of understanding them before anyone else
Filling data gaps
Many of our indicators are based on Tortoise research and cannot be found elsewhere. In devising The Global AI Index, Tortoise has actively sought to fill data gaps, coming up with new indicators to track activity where existing datasets were lacking.
Examples include data tracking AI-specific coding activity on Github and Stack Overflow, as well as trackers on the numbers of papers published in key IEEE journals. Crunchbase data, Meetups data and patents data has also been analysed by Tortoise data scientists to pull out and track the level of activity that specifically relates to artificial intelligence.
Tortoise will continue to develop and expand the range of metrics, alongside the publication of The Global AI Index, to ensure that the AI Dashboard remains the most comprehensive and informative data-driven tool available.
Access and support
The full license fee includes access to the National AI Dashboard for a full year from signing date, and is inclusive of all data updates and additions that fall within that period.
Access to support and query-based troubleshooting on both data and dashboard functionality. We anticipate that this will be limited to about 6 hours of support over the license period, but can be determined on a case-by-case basis and according to specific client needs.
Find out more
To register your interest in a bespoke Tortoise National AI Dashboard, or for further information, please get in touch with Alexandra Mousavizadeh: firstname.lastname@example.org