Producer – ThinkIns
What’s the job?
Producer – ThinkIns
Who is the recruiting Partner?
Where do I work?
Tortoise Head Office, London
Why are we here?
We’re building a different type of newsroom, for a slower, wiser news. Now more than ever it’s important to have calm, clear journalism you can trust. We’re not chasing breaking news, but revealing what’s driving it. Built to cover stories not as they happen, but when they’re ready. Where everyone has a seat at the table. Tortoise sets out to bring people together to try and make sense of the world. We’re here to build journalism that lasts.
What’s my personal contribution?
To produce pitch-perfect ThinkIns that look consistently brilliant, that run smoothly and that drive Tortoise journalism.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
– To work with Editors to develop ThinkIn questions and speaker lists
– To brief and oversee production and publication of editorial inputs and outputs for ThinkIns including but not limited to: Five Slide Guides, speaker briefings and member contributors, editorial Readouts and Takes, selection and delivery of social media clips and promotional assets
– To execute (or oversee) pitch-perfect technical delivery of the live event from studio set-up to Zoom operation to Snapstream clips and all other related technical platforms and equipment
– To brief, oversee and approve video edits produced by freelancers as required for social media promotion or in-app publication
What do I know? Useful knowledge, skills and experience
– Experience of working in digital live events – TV or online – is essential
– Some journalistic training or experience, in either news or events / conferences is highly desirable
– Ideally some ‘backstage’ experience of Zoom as a live event platform
– Proficiency in video editing software is desirable but not essential
What do I show? Essential behaviours.
– 100% reliable. You always turn up on time and fully prepared.
– You’re a do-er.
– You sweat the small stuff. Check, check and check again.
– Great with people – senior politicians, famous novelists, key workers, students …
– A pleasure to work with; positive, enthusiastic and open to ideas.
– Unflappable. You think on your feet and you never say die.
Apply direct with your CV and covering letter to Liz Moseley, ThinkIn Editor, on firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is September 21 2020.